Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cute Idea for a Desk Calandar

In the small town I live in, we have a handful of wonderful women.  It's our stamp club and our Stampin' Up! lady has some things to make.  The last meeting we made a calendar.  When my uncle came to visit, I sent his wife and daughter one.  It's a simple and easy thing to make and a nice little gift.  The came from Nancy Morgan's blog and Michelle Tech's blog.  The calendar strips can be found here:  http://www.2stampis2b.com/2009/01/four-seasons-calendar.html.  You will have to reduce the size.  I have a Mac so I found the instructions for shrinking didn't work for me.  The base is 5.5 x 8.5, scored at 4.25.  I used basic brown CS and DP from Memory Box for the first quarter.  I put my elements on one half of the CS.  I used Nature's Silhouettes, a Hero Arts stamp set I've had forever.  I'm not sure if they even have this stamp set anymore, but it worked perfectly for this project.

Then the other side of the paper is decorated.  I used "Laundry Line" DP by My Mind's Eye (I just love these papers).  I found it at Hobby Lobby.

On the inside, one side is decorated for July, Aug, Sept.  This DP is from Basic Grey.  I was using up some scraps so I don't know what group of papers this one is from.

And this is the last side.  The DP here is from Club Scrap (I'm not sure if they still have this paper.)  The ribbon is inserted into two holes at the bottom.  This ties it together (wraps it up...haha).  The top photo shows the ribbon tied to make a pretty package.  When June is finished, you turn the calendar around and your ready for the rest of the year.  I used Distress inks:  Victorian Velvet, Stormy Sky, Bundled Sage, and Wild Honey.  Fun!  Fun!  Fun!  The circles are my family's birthdays.  I'm ready for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My World

My World
Bits and pieces

Travel Book

Travel Book
I love the word books. I used s.e.i "Black Orchid" papers and some of the matching embellishments. After a road trip this summer, this book will be filled with memories. I had so much fun working on this. I think the papers inspired me. I just love them.