Monday, September 1, 2008

Finding out about stuff

Yesterday I spent the afternoon trying to find out about my daughter. She is/was in New Orleans and I tried for a long time without success, to find out about her. It took the afternoon, but I did find out that she had evacuated NO....thank goodness. She is in San Gabriel, La and I hope that will be a good place. I'm still waiting to hear from her.

It's kind of an irony...Hurricane Gustav and my grandfather's name was Gustav (not pronounced Goose, but Gus...like bus with a g...av) has chased my daughter out of New Orleans. My grandfather was such a sweet, gentle man...an immigrant from Sweden. He worked as a hired hand at a dairy farm in North Dakota with a family that had also come from Sweden. He later married one of the daughters, my grandmother and they raised their family on that dairy farm. Things seem to make a spiral bringing the same things in and out of my life at the most unusual times. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My World

My World
Bits and pieces

Travel Book

Travel Book
I love the word books. I used s.e.i "Black Orchid" papers and some of the matching embellishments. After a road trip this summer, this book will be filled with memories. I had so much fun working on this. I think the papers inspired me. I just love them.