Saturday, January 22, 2011

Over the holiday slump, maybe!


After Christmas, it seems is to have taken me a long time to rest up.  There's been a lot going on and I haven't stamped much.  This is a Penny Black stamp.  I love the dots.  Following Kathy (The Daily Marker blog), I've done some of the white dots with a white pen.  I found a pen I really like to used by Sharpie.  It's not the paint pen, but something on that order.  It works really well.  I had a hard time finding it, but when I out what it is exactly and I'll share.  It's wonderful for making those white dots.  The papers are just some scraps I had.  I embossed the blue cardstock with a embossing folder.  (I'm not at home right now and I can't remember just which one it was.  


 Another Penny Black stamp:  City Scapes (I think).  I used different kinds of scrap paper and paper pieced the buildings.  The bird is from one of the Stamper's anonymous sets (Urban Grunge, maybe).  I cut the banner from paper and cut the ends and scored so it would stand up.  I used a Gelly Roll pen in gold that I have had for probably 8-9 years.  They still work and I've used them quite regularly.  I don't remember what kind of paper.


This card I used the Curio paper by Basic Grey.  Oh my goodness, I love these papers!  Everything goes with everything.  The lace was some I've had for awhile.  I need new lace.  The sentiment is from a Stampin' Up stamp set I've had for quite a few years.  I used the spellbinders oval die to cut it out.  Now the butterfly.......
It's a Martha Steward punch which I distressed and stamped with the Hero Arts Friend background stamp (Jennifer McGuire style).  The body.....I used two bugle beads (I think they are called that) and put them onto a staple.  Then attached to the middle of the butterfly.  I read that trick a few years ago and still like to use it.  Sometimes I just have it as an embellishment.  It's pretty cool!  You can also use the other small beads on the staple, too.  Just a little something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My World

My World
Bits and pieces

Travel Book

Travel Book
I love the word books. I used s.e.i "Black Orchid" papers and some of the matching embellishments. After a road trip this summer, this book will be filled with memories. I had so much fun working on this. I think the papers inspired me. I just love them.