Sunday, November 2, 2008

BBQ Thanks


This weekend in Douglas (Ga) we had the Wiregrass National BBQ competition. There are people that come from all over the US to compete. The campers are set up and people BBQ all night and all day to get ready for the judges. It's really quite a neat time for our small town. There was so much traffic...which is unheard of...on Friday night. I couldn't even get to the center of town where it was all setup. My daughter and I went on Saturday evening, but everything was pretty much over and folks were breaking down their camps. There were some really big campers and outfits for BBQing. I'm sure they had fun. Everyone in Douglas did.


I made a card for a youth group at church to give to the BBQ place in Douglas. They donated some BBQ so the kids could raise money for a misson trip. I thought it was pretty cute. I got the idea for the pigs from stamping school. I used the computer to print the "Weees" and then the Cute and Curly Stampin' Up set with the punch that goes along with it. I thought it was very cute and so did the people I made it for. I made a similar card for my granddaughter this summer and when I was asked to make a card for BBQ, it just seemed appropriate. Sorry it's kind of blurry. I forgot to take a picture until I got to school and had to use my phone for the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My World

My World
Bits and pieces

Travel Book

Travel Book
I love the word books. I used s.e.i "Black Orchid" papers and some of the matching embellishments. After a road trip this summer, this book will be filled with memories. I had so much fun working on this. I think the papers inspired me. I just love them.